tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 23 15:10:38 1997

Re: translation from Star Wars

|> ghItlh SuSvaj
|> >The quickest and easiest way to say, "I'm lost" that I can think of is:
|> 		DaqwIj vISovbe. "I don't know my location."<
|>
|>Yes, that's true, but "jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'" is canonical. It's in
|>the back of TKD, in the "cheat sheet." Of course, if your way of saying it
|>-is- canonical, never mind.   --qoror
|
|As in any language, there are many ways to phrase almost anything you want
|to say.  I don't know if "DaqwIj vISovbe'" has ever been used in a canon
|source, but it follows the rules.
|
|SuSvaj

Yes, it has. It's in "Power Klingon" with some examples of clipped Klingon.
This phrase may be clipped to:  DaqwIj Sovbe'.  Apparently Okrand
reconsidered the version he published in TKD (or simply forgot it).

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level