tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 19 16:53:18 1997

question about 'ar

	qoror here.  I've gotten a hail of messages about the use of "-vIp" as a
verb, and I'd like to wrap it up (I hope) by writing a new version.

	lughIjlu' 'e' lu'tu'be'bogh tIqDu' ghaj SuvwI'pu'ma'!
	Our boys have hearts that know no fear!

	The reason I didn't do a simple "tIqDu' lughIjlu'laHbogh ghaj
SuvwI'pu'ma'" is that I remembered a proverb from TKW, "not qoHpu''e' neH
ghIjlu'," or "Only fools have no fear."  But the translation that I did means
that they are -real- warriors.

	I have something else I think would be good.  Is "yIn poH 'ar" accurate
for "How old is he?", or does 'ar have to be in a sentence?
	And one last thing.  I'm confused about the use of "KLBC."  Can someone
explain exactly how it's used?

Back to archive top level