tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 18 08:32:38 1997

Re: KLBC - tlhIngan qun

>Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 20:30:59 -0800 (PST)
>From: [email protected] (Gerald Borleis)
>

>>> I am most interested in the Klingon era equivalent to Earth years 1935-1945.
>>> (This last sentence was not translated because I could not find a way to
>>> express *equivalent*.  Suggestions wanted.)
>
>>I'm not quite sure what you mean by it, anyway.  Do you mean what Klingons
>>were doing in the years 1935-1945?  Or what Klingons were doing during similar
>>technological periods?  Or during similar cultural periods?
>
>What Klingons were doing during the similar technological period?  And what
>they were doing during that technological period?

I don't know, and I doubt anyone knows.  But I also don't know what this
has to do with the Klingon Language.

>And I am still wondering how to say *equals*, *equivalence*.

Don't translate words.  We have verbs "rap" and "rur" and "nIb" for these
ideas, don't we?

~mark

Back to archive top level