tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 15 21:16:27 1997

Re: Klingon Times

> I, personally agree with Scotty, who says that the ridges came from
> scowling at Tribbles!
>
> In one of the Star Trek comics/graphic novels, there was a discussion
> about the "ridged Klingons having taken over the Empire."  Which would
> indicate that there are different races of Klingons - one with ridges,
> one without. Considering that all TOS Klingons were "yellow skinned" (I
> have an old "Making of Star Trek" that describes them as Mongols of the
> future) and all ST:TNG & DS9 Klingons are "black skinned", it seems a
> reasonable line of conjecture.  Also, the Empire is usually described as
> having 15 worlds, a number of Kling-oid mutations might be possible -
> with the TOS Klingons being the ones that inhabited the worlds on the
> Federation border.

qarlaHbe' ngervam.  qaStaHvIS *TOS* Hab *qeng*, *qor*, *qolotlh* je
QuchDu'.  'ach qaStaHvIS*DS9*, ghegh QuchDu'Daj.  chaq, DIvI qIHDI'
tlhIngan wo', Humanpu' rurmeH SuvwI'pu'Daj Haq lo' wo'. qatlh? jISovbe'.

This can't be right.  During the old series, Kang, Kor, and Koloth had
smooth foreheads, but later had normal Klingon ridges in various DS9
episodes.  Perhaps, when the Empire first encountered the Federation, it
had its warriors surgically altered to appear more human.  I have no idea
why.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level