tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 15 18:01:52 1997

Re: Klingon Times

I, personally agree with Scotty, who says that the ridges came from
scowling at Tribbles!

In one of the Star Trek comics/graphic novels, there was a discussion
about the "ridged Klingons having taken over the Empire."  Which would
indicate that there are different races of Klingons - one with ridges,
one without. Considering that all TOS Klingons were "yellow skinned" (I
have an old "Making of Star Trek" that describes them as Mongols of the
future) and all ST:TNG & DS9 Klingons are "black skinned", it seems a
reasonable line of conjecture.  Also, the Empire is usually described as
having 15 worlds, a number of Kling-oid mutations might be possible -
with the TOS Klingons being the ones that inhabited the worlds on the
Federation border.

tuq l'maSto'r Y'jImbotlh-wa'maH
Cody102983%[email protected] wrote:

> We all know by now about the wierd Klingon forehead thing from the 60's to
> now, and there has been a lot of speculation about it.  Now, I was reading
> Home Is The Hunter number 52, and Commander Kral is frustrated that his brow
> doesn't have the 'knobbiness that came with age'.  . . .
> wouldn't this imply that the older you got the more knobby your ridge got?

Back to archive top level