tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 14 18:43:58 1997

Re: Klingon Times

> From: [email protected]
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Klingon Times
> Date: Friday, March 14, 1997 8:58 PM
>
> We all know by now about the wierd Klingon forehead thing from the 60's
> now, and there has been a lot of speculation about it.  Now, I was
reading
> Home Is The Hunter number 52, and Commander Kral is frustrated that his
brow
> doesn't have the 'knobbiness that came with age'.  Now we don't see very
many
> old Klingons in Kirk's first mission (TOS), but later on in the movies we
see
> older ones with slightly more prominet ridges on thier foreheads.  Now,
> wouldn't this imply that the older you got the more knobby your ridge
got?
>  Even though Alexander has ridges when he's a kid, it could just be a
thing
> with him being half human, right?  What do you guys think?

Alexander is actually one quarter human, and as we have seen with K'ehleyr
and B'Elanna, human blood makes a Klingons features softer, not more
robust.  Also I must point out Torral son of Duras, who as a young boy had
his fathers crab like forehead.  There have been many attempts to explain
the change in forehead design, but no really good one yet.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level