tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 14 16:05:19 1997

Re: Using Klingon Fonts

[email protected] wrote:

> When one is writing does one simply use the normal keyboard layout or does
> each tlhingan character stand for a sound. I just can't belive that the
> system would be so simplistic as to just type the letters in klingon. It
> surprises me that in order to express /ch/ one would have to type two symbols
> in tlingan. Are there any guidelines to using the letter system?

Are you using the one of the fonts from K'mels guide to KLingon Cyberspace?
	If so then you sould be using the fith font on the page.  It is a little akward at first to get the
hang of. First, to get the proper letters you need to have caps lock on, or els you get something that
you shouldn't. Some of the number keys don't work, past eight I think.  For me the ' button dosen't work.
Some of the letters are on keys that you wouldn't suspect, for instance, there are two Q's in klingon, a q and
a Q, so one of them ( the small one) is represented by the key k. You just have to fiddle around with it till
you find all the right keys.  Compare them with the printout of the klingon letters provided by KLI.

If anyone knows about any Klingon fonts avalable for the mac Please say so, I really need to find one!

Back to archive top level