tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 13 09:47:56 1997

Re: originality of "jatlhchuqghach"

> 	qoror here.  I have a slight dilemma.  Recently on this list, when I
> needed to write "Conversational Klingon" in tlhIngan Hol, I chose
> "jatlhchuqghachvaD tlhIngan Hol," or, for those of you who are lazy,
"Klingon
> for Conversation."  But "jatlhchuqghach" "conversation" sprang in my head
so
> quickly that I have suspicions that I actually didn't make it up.  Tell
me, did
> anyone use that word before on this list?  If I saw it before, it might
have
> popped it my head and me thinking it was my own invention.  Tell me!
> By the way, -egh and -chuq are very good words for -ghach.  How about
another
> interesting one that I -know- I thought up?  "ghob'eghghach" "civil war."

The name of my clubs news letter is *ja'chuqghach*, and I believe that I
have seen it used on the list here before.  I prefer this to
*jatlhchuqghach* simply because *ja'chuq* as a word, is given in TKD, and
because it's a little shorter.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level