tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 12 15:38:11 1997

KLBC: translation <jeyD>

In practice I have been asking people to say something so could try and translate it.  Im just asking for this
to be checked over.

I like my red glass and my ugly book

HIvje'wij Doqbogh paqwij moHbogh je vIparHa'
I am unsure about the use of je and the verb prfixes

(this is the) bath room. If you make a mess and don't clean it up then I will kill you.

puch pa'Daq. puch pa' DaghIHmoHchugh 'ej puch pa' Dasay'be' vaj qaHoH.

Also I am having difficulty understand how the verb previxes work.
when you say <I eat the food> does the prfix on eat refer to the food as <it> or <none>.
And when you refer ro a place like as in I am going <      > is the place referd to as <it> or <none>.
One last thing when you lay I like the red book the order is < book red like I > what does red and like take
on as a prefix.

			Thank you so much for your help.			<jeyD>

Back to archive top level