tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 11 13:08:56 1997

Re: Using Klingon Fonts

Message text written by INTERNET:[email protected]
>When one is writing does one simply use the normal keyboard layout or does
each tlhingan character stand for a sound. I just can't belive that the
system would be so simplistic as to just type the letters in klingon. It
surprises me that in order to express /ch/ one would have to type two symbols
in tlingan. Are there any guidelines to using the letter system?<

If you have the font disk, it describes it in the readme.  But I'll give you a
guideline here.  If you're on Caps Lock in the KLIpIqaD font, then:  ch is typed
with "C", gh is typed with "G," ng is typed with "F," low q is typed with "K,"
tlh is typed with "X," and the apostrophe is typed with "'."  There's a warning
associated with the apostrophe, but I can't remember it exactly and you'll have
to look in the readme.  (I'm doing this based on the assumption that you -have-
the font disk.  If you don't, then what the heck are you talking about?!)
--qoror

Back to archive top level