tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 11 06:15:51 1997

Re: KLBC: De'wI' mu'mey

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, HurghwI' wrote:

> I've been working on making my desktop more Klingon, and I've come up with
> the following translations for various icons:

We go through these now about twice a year; you may want to check the
archives to see what we've discussed before.  Most of your suggestions,
though, sound the same as what we've done before.

> De'wI'wIj - My Computer
> qawHaq - Hard Drive
> De' polwI'Hom - Diskette
> De' gho boch - CD/ROM
> De' polwI' - Removable Disk
> veQ polwI' - Recycle Bin

I use /veQ ngaSwI'/

> De' *chem* lengwI' - Internet Explorer (I know <chem> isn't a word, it was
> the closest I found)

What do you call Network Neighborhood?  I say /De'wI' veng/.  For Windows
Explorer, I say /SamwI'/.  So, for Internet Explorer, I put these ideas
together, and come up with /De'wI' veng SamwI'/.

> ghom - Directory (i.e. Program Group)
> HablI' - Eudora
> jabbI'ID - E-mail message
> De'Hom - file
> chuSwI' - speakers
> pat Qap - OS
>
> No breakthroughs here, but I wanted to see if there were any ideas.
>
> -HurghwI'

--Holtej
Stardate 97192.59

Back to archive top level