tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 10 08:20:27 1997

Re: KLBC: Sentences

jatlh SuStel:
> > yIn DajuvmeH DIS yIlo'Qo' 'ach tlhInganpu' yaymey yIlo'
> > (Life is not measured in years, but for the Klingons' triumphs!
> > yep, I've turned a bit the sentence so I could translate it...)
>
> This gets a little tricky.  Take the first part: does it mean don't use years,
> and don't use those years so that you can measure life, or does it mean don't
> use years if that use is for the measuring of life?  You see?
>
> Also, the imperative verb prefix to use in this case is {tI-}, not {yI-}.  The
> objects are plural.  {tIlo'}, {tIlo'Qo'}.
>
> If you could clear up the {-meH} ambiguity, this might be one of the best
> translations.

bIlugh! qarbe' mu'tlheghwIj. 'oH vIchoH:
(You're right! My sentence isn't accurate. I've changed it:)

yIn Dajuvchugh DIStIlo'Qo' 'ach tlhInganpu' yaymey tIlo'
(Life is not measured in years, but for the Klingon's triumphs!
ie, "If you measure life don't use years but Klingon's triumphs"... I
hope this get over the ambiguity!)

DaH qar 'oH 'e' Daqub'a'
(Do you think it's OK now?)

Qapla'
-Mago
*      Diego "Mago" de Miguel       *   e-mail: [email protected]   *
*       Architecture student        * http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~a26979 *
*         No por mucho que amanezca me levanto mas temprano          *