tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 08 19:01:03 1997

Re: bIH chaH ghap

>Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:32:12 -0800
>From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>

>Not much help there. Hmm... I wonder which pronouns would be used for
>language-capable androids like Data and Lore?  Worf, I believe, always
>addressed Data--his superior officer--as "he/him" in Fed Standard, though
>he may have just been copying the humans around him.

They're beings capable of using language, right?  By which I mean not just
mechanically producing speech-sounds, but with sentient minds of their
own.  Why shouldn't they be "chaH"?  Just because they aren't made of
flesh?  That isn't a criterion, is it?

~mark

Back to archive top level