tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 08 05:52:44 1997

more on -moH qororvo'

	qoror here, and I've searched for more uses of -moH through TKW, and I've
found two, but they far from clear  it up.  Here they are.

	Dubotchugh yIpummoH.
	If it's in your way, cause it to fall.  (passive)

	qaStaHvIS wej puq poHmey vav puqloDpu' puqloDpu'chaj je quvHa'moH vav
quvHa'ghach.
	The dishonor of the father causes his sons and their son to be dishonored
for three generations.  (passive)*

	The asterisk is there because that second sentence looks passive, but
it's actually active  --  "quv" means "be honored."  jIjatlhqa':  "HoS tlhIngan"
"jatlhchuqghachvaD tlhIngan" je vIghajbe', vaj bIH ghajchugh vay', pe'IjneS 'ej
vay' tu'lu'chugh, HIja'neS.  --qoror

Back to archive top level