tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 07 03:10:19 1997

KLBC: Sentences

Hello everyone!

I'd like to get some oppinions on some translations I just made... I
took the original sentencences from "WarHammer 40000"... well, I've got
it in Spanish, then I translated into English, then into Klingon... I've
tried not to lose the meaning, though!

Here they go:

yISaQQo'
(Don't cry!
Original was "Don't waste your tears", butI don't know how to translate
that).

HurghchoH Hovmey 'e' vIleghmeH jIboghpu'be'
(I wasn't born to see the stars grow darker!)

yIn DajuvmeH DIS yIlo'Qo' 'ach tlhInganpu' yaymey yIlo'
(Life is not measured in years, but for the Klingons' triumphs!
yep, I've turned a bit the sentence so I could translate it...)

What do you think about it? I bet there is a better way to translate all
this... there always is :)!

Qapla'
-Mago
*      Diego "Mago" de Miguel       *   e-mail: [email protected]   *
*       Architecture student        * http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~a26979 *
*         No por mucho que amanezca me levanto mas temprano          *