tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 06 18:02:43 1997

RE: KLBC: cholugh, please

jatlh Edy Fonseca:

> 1. In my question I have to write cholugh soH, or it is correct?

{cholugh SoH} means "You be correct me."  This is not what you mean.  You want
to say, "Correct me."  This would be {HIlughmoH}.  First, the {HI-} makes it a
command.  Then, {-moH} shows that you are CAUSING me to be correct.  See TKD
4.2.4.

> 2. soH Iv' HISovmoH  = let me know who are you

This is starting to look like a sentence as object without its {'e'}, but it's
more like a question-as-object.  We don't know if you can do that, and I stay
far away from them.

Besides, why are you commanding such a thing?  You've got a question, so ask
it.

SoH 'Iv?

(or {'Iv SoH})

> 3. soH Iv' HIja'moH = tell me who are you

This says, "Make me tell, 'Who are you?'"  This doesn't work.  Again, just say
{SoH 'Iv}.  If that's not enough, you could always say, {yIngu''egh} "Identify
yourself!"

> 4. DaH naDevvo' HIjaH soH = get out now!

Why'd you use {HI-}?  That means the object is "me."

DaH naDevvo' yIjaH!

Actually, there are lots of ways to say this!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level