tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 06 14:35:52 1997

Re: "nuqneH" Sajatlh

I think this comes from qoror:
> >> 				loDvam vIvorlaH Qel
> >> 			              I, a doctor, can cure this man.

SuStel replies:
> >I see what you're getting at.  No, I don't think it'd work this way.  Try it
>
> >like this:
> >
> >loDvam vIvorlaH jIH, Qel.

and ~mark remarks :)
> Hmm.  I dunno.  "loDvam vIvorlaH Qel" sounds bad to me, but on the other
> hand I like "maghojtaH Hoch" for "we are all learning."

I don't really see the difference in using jIH or not.
Both seem to say "I can heal this man, doctor."
For "I, a doctor, can heal this man.", I'd use
{Qel jIH 'ej loDvam vIvorlaH}

as for "we all" or "all of us", if it wasn't the case, that all the
people referred to were involved, one should either redefine the
reference (maH, in this case) or simply be inaccurate :)
in other words, I don't see the need to have such expressions

HomDoq

Back to archive top level