tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 06 09:26:19 1997

Re: KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

ja' Joel Anderson:
>> Any technology, sufficiently advanced, becomes indistinguishable from a
>> rigged demo.
>
>cha'taHghach pIm Datu'laH'a'
>
>   [Are you able to discover a different (kind of) demo?]

{cha'taHghach}?  Ongoing showing?  "Presentation", perhaps?
It's bad enough watching verbs being uglified into nouns in
order for the words to match the English phrasing, but when
there is already a perfectly good noun that fits, I find it
doubly troubling.

rut muchqoq ngeb vIbej, 'ach motlhbe' wanI'.
roD batlh muchlu' 'ej jIngongmeH vIlo' jIH net chaw'.

"Microsoft" much vIbejpu'be'.  pIj ngorlaw''a'?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level