tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 19:46:14 1997

RE: semiotic continua

ja' HomDoq:
> hmmm.. I didn't see that film, but you cannot "fail at failing"... if
> you set out to achieve a certain result (that others may mistake as
> a failure of yours) and don't achieve it, you fail - otherwise you
> succeed - (in achieving "apparent failure")
>
> I cannot understand {lujHa'} without context

The context of "The Producers" is pretty specific; it's unfortunate
that you haven't seen it.  Two men try to put on a musical play that
they intend to fail badly, but it's so atrocious that it becomes a
hit comedy.  "Where did we go right?" is a classic line from the film.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level