tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 08:36:31 1997

Re: UNO

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Alan Anderson wrote:

> ghItlh DloraH:
> >I was playing UNO with a couple friends over the weekend, and as usual I
> >would throw in the occasional Klingon word; or at least I tried...
> >UNO uses four colors:  red, green, yellow, blue.
>
> Since the Klingon color space is so coarsely divided, I like the idea
> of labeling things for representative objects instead.
>
> {'Iw, tI, Hov, chal...}

I like that - I'll have to use that with the Klingon Language and Culture
class if I teach it again next year.  The "wa' cha' wa'maH" game worked
well, but was limited to two players - Klingon UNO has possibilities....

[I can imagine game dialogue, like: " ewwwww! 'Iw?"  or
"tI?  tI?  Quj DatI'!" (yes, I'm imposing the English colloquilism
for "fixing" a game").]

[Then there is the question of whether "'Iw" maps to red.  But,
I'm flexible.]

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level