tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 02 08:06:52 1997

"-lu'"

	This is qoror.  I'd like to know:  where should you put the main noun in
a passive sentence with "-lu'"?  In English, it is considered the subject, and
in Latin, it is in the nominative, which is almost always the subject.  (In the
rare other usages, it is the appositive.)  But I've noticed in jatmey and other
sources (but no canonical ones) that it is sometimes put at the beginning of the
sentence.  It is called the subject (in English) because you need to have a
subject and a verb to make a whole sentence.  Sometimes the subject is implied,
such as imperative sentences, and that would exception would have to work more
with Klingon.  But how does Klingon work with the passive voice?

								--qoror

Back to archive top level