tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 30 20:25:21 1997

Re: Klaa

[email protected] on behalf of peHruS wrote:

> nom yIghoSqu'
> "maximum speed."
>
> I don't like {nom yIghoSchu'}, either.

This is more like "Go perfectly and quickly."

> We know for sure that adverbials (MO called them adverbials, not adverbs,
for some
> reason about which I know nothing)

I'd guess that's because they're lumped into the {chuvmey}, and are not a
true, distinct category to Klingon linguists.

> can take the two of the verb suffixes known as
> rovers:  {-be'} and {Ha'}.  Although this is the only evidence that
> adverbials can take verb suffixes, I am really stretching the issue here by
> affixing {-chu'} to the adverbial {nom}.

It would be nice, but no.  Especially since we HAVE seen how Klaa translates
this sentence.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian