tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 29 22:13:53 1997

Re: One more thing

In a message dated 97-06-27 03:24:45 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< > jIngachtaHvIS mu' *compound nouns* vI'uch'taHbe'
 > 'a mu' *complex nouns*vaD jIngach

 While I'm debating, I am not continuously holding the word's compound nouns.
 However, I debate for the word's complex nouns.

 nuqjatlh?  qayajbe'chu' >>

I wrote:  "While debating I do not continue to hang on to the word "compound
nouns," rather I debate for the sake of the word "complex nouns."

You seem to have overlooked the appositive:  mu' {DIpmey napbe'}, for
example.  I realize you have already told me you find my use of appositives
hard to understand.  Second, {-taH} does not only mean "continuously"; it
also means "continue to do the action of the verb."

peHruS

Back to archive top level