tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 26 22:42:53 1997

RE: KLBC Re: vItIch chISHey Doch

jatlh cha'wIgh:

> > vItich chISHey Doch
> > This is my translation of I insult the porcelain - a euphemism for
> > gotta
> > go...

The first thing you must do is reread TKD's section 6.  The beginning
describes Klingon sentence order: Object - Verb - Subject.

If you're doing the insulting, you are the subject.  Therefore {jIH} goes
last.

{chIS} is a verb, not a noun (look it up).  If you're talking about a "white
thing," you are talking about {chISwI'} "thing which is white."  This word is
formed by adding the Type 9 verb suffix {-wI'} to {chIS}.

Now here's the problem: we don't know the word for "porcelein," and {chISwI'}
could refer to anything white.  {chISwI'} isn't enough.

The closest you can get is {"porcelein" vItIch}.

> > I couldn't find a word for porcelain or bowl or even hole

In this case, perhaps a euphemism isn't really appropriate.  I doubt Klingons
are squeamish about bodily waste.  The word for "toilet" is {puch}.

> > For my next attempt I will write in Klingon and ask for someone to
> > translate to see if I have it right.
> > nuqDaq naS ro'qegh'Iwchab

"Where is the Rokeg Bloodpie vicious?"

Whatever that means.