tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 25 09:39:53 1997

Re: Another question:

>Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
>From: [email protected] (Adam Ophir Shapira)
>
>However, no matter how hard I search the dictionary, I can't find
>the way to write the Klingon phrase appearing in the casette which
>translates to "How many guards are coming?".
>Is "mroS avw' ar?" an accurate transliteration? If I spelled
>it wrong, can someone please correct me?

mughoS 'avwI' 'ar?  How many guards approach me?

Possibly "nughoS 'avwI' 'ar?" for approaching "us."

The dictionary isn't going to tell you how to write down every phrase in
the world (obviously).  It tells you what the sounds are and how to
represent them.  The trick is learning to hear those sounds.

~mark

Back to archive top level