tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 24 11:58:06 1997

Re: Chat Room

At 11:29 AM 6/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
: I just applied for a chat room at Talkcity (www.talkcity.com) and I hope
to have it
: running in the next 3 days.  We will be able to type notes and speak
klingon on the web.
: Send me some suggestions as to when you would like to all meet by leaving
me a line as
: to the time (hour and time zone) that you will want to meet and I will let
you know the
: popular time that everyone has decided.
:
: Michael [email protected]

We already have such a place, the Klingon Language Institute's KEVE: The
Klingon Educational Virtual Environment (telnet://keve.kli.org:2218) -- a
training MUSH that only needs you to have basic access to the Internet.
Since it's a text only interphase, it doesn't require any complicated
graphics software or an expensive computer or monitor to run it on. Designed
as a virtual Klingon settlement, there are a few simple Klingon-speaking
robots to meet and labels and some descriptions in tlhIngan Hol to read.
There is even a Klingon school with a couple of simple Klingon grammar drill
programs to drill the visitor. If you haven't been there it's well worth a
visit just to wander around and explore the site.

The problem isn't that we don't have a place to schmooze, but that we just
can't seem to coordinate our busy schedules and come up with more-or-less
standard times (e.g. every Tuesday evening at 8pm or Sunday afternoons,
etc.). Whenever I've dropped by over the last few months I've been the only
one there.

Maybe this latest thread will inspire more of those on this listserv to drop
by and chat. For one, I'll try to be there tonight around 20:00 CST
(assuming we don't have another power outage in my part of Chicago!)

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level