tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 24 02:07:54 1997

Re: ghuHmoH

ghItlh charghwI':

>... {ghuHmoH} could properly be used as:

>SoHvaD yIHvetlh vIghuHmoHpu'. "I have warned you about
>that tribble."

DIch 'oH'a'? Leaving out the SoHvaD and the suffixes (other than -moH) gives
us:

yIH vIghuHmoH

Now yIH vIghuH is clearly "I am alerted to the tribble"  Adding the -moH means
the subject makes the object act the verb.

yIH vIghuHmoH = I cause the tribble to be alerted.

Your sentence really reads "I have warned that tribble about you!" 'ej naDev
ghaHtaHvIS tlhIngan SuvwI''e' 'ang'eghvIpbej yIHmeyvetlh, qar'a'?

Qermaq

Back to archive top level