tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 12:34:51 1997

My Adventure

I recently went on a camping/amusement park trip with my girl scout group,
and we had quite an adventure.  While we were camping in the woods, I thought
that some of our actions would be worthy of a klingon battle story, in an
overexagerated form, of course.  I'm going to write a little story about it
here and now,  and later, work on translating it.

I went on a trip with a group of warrior friends last week.  Our goal was to
reward ourselves for nine adventurous years together by celebrating at an
amusement park.  We traveled for several hours on an intense road trip into
an uncivilized area. Upon arrival, we set up camp and set off on a hike into
uncharted area to see what kind of wildlife was in the area.  We set off on
our  brave journey into the woods.  It was exhilarating, and I could smell
the blood of the fierce creatures in the wilderness beyond.  My Terran
friends were not used to the harsh terrain, and we were soon lost, with
nothing but the moon and stars to guide us.  As I looked around, I did not
fear any creatures that might be hiding in the woods, because I knew that I
was following the ways of the warrior and that if I remembered Kahless and
his teachings, I could defeat any creature.  Suddenly, something jumped at us
from behind, and since I was in the rear, the animal landed on my back and
knocked me to the ground.  Everyone backed away in fear, as I  wrestled with
the animal that had grounded me.  We wrestled for what seemed like hours, and
for a while, I believed that at the end of the battle, I would join the
honored dead in Stovokor.  But finally, I managed to reach the dagger hanging
from my belt, and I killed the Beast!  We found our way back and cooked the
animal over a fire.  That night, I saw Kahless in my dreams.  He told me that
this trip was a way of helping me prepare for my nentay, of helping me to
become a great warrior.  As well, he also told me to go into battle with the
intention to fight honorably and that my challenges were not yet complete.  I
would face another battle within the next day.

When I woke, I found a huge blood-sucking parasite had attached itself to my
left arm during the night.  I fought against it and soon removed it from my
skin.  I knew then that it was my destiny to become a warrior, although i
have yet to go through the Right of Assention.

We later celebrated our successes at Kentucky Kingdom, and celebrated our
parting as well.  But I learned that honor can be earned anywhere, even in
the most unlikely places, which I think was the most valuable lesson.
Done!

Tell me what you thinkof my story.

Qapla'
corre'noH