tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 10:24:24 1997

Re: Klingon word for "Betazoid"?

Marian Schwartz wrote:

> I'd say the word for "Betazed" (not that there is one) plus {ngan}.  To be
> careful, though, I'd stick it in with some punctuation mark or other, pending
> further notice.
> The words for types of races are I believe conventionally the planet plus
> {ngan}.  For instance, we don't have "romulan," we have "romuluSngan."

Conventionally, but there are exceptions.  For instance, the Ferengi
homeworld is Ferenginar, but the {tlhIngan Hol} word is {verengan},
rather than {verengInarngan}.  So, its a safe bet that the Klingon word
for Betazoid would be something along the lines of {betaSeDngan}, but we
really can't be sure.  I agree that the one should simply put
"Betazed"-ngan until we know for sure.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level