tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 16:01:08 1997

RE: Adverbials

jatlh peHruS:

> We have had enough examples of {motlh} and {motlhbe'} to know their
> translations are "usually" and "unusually," respectively.

We've had two instances of {motlh} used adverbially, and none of {motlhbe'} or
{motlhHa'}.

motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj jIH'a'.  motlh pIm 'ejyo'
Dujmey.
Unlike most Starfleet vessels, the main viewer on a Klingon ship is usually
overlaid with a complex target acquisition grid.  (SkyBox SP3)

>  Although we have
> had only one example that I have ever seen of {roD},  I suspect it
translates
> as "normally."

Why?  What, specifically, is the difference you see between "usually" and
"normally"?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian