tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 04:56:32 1997

S26

	qoror here.  I just noticed a canon confirmation of Captain Krankor's
article in the latest issue of HolQeD.  I'm hoping nobody's noticed it, but as
this source -was- available when he did it recently, I'm assuming it hasn't.
Here's the sentence it appears in.

	DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
lurSa' be'etor je.

	The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'etor, are constantly
seeking a higher standing for the House of Duras 	within the Klingon High
Council.

	The {lunIDtaH} carries the meaning "constantly" pretty well, along with
{reH}.

	By the way, when you look at it there are a couple of things that stand
out.  The {'e'} should come after the {reH}, but it's a pretty understandable
error to me.  Also, there's something upholding apposition for something other
than a nationality (or planetality):  the {be'nI'pu' lurSa' be'etor je}.  The
{DuraS be'nI'pu'} definitely isn't, but the first one is.

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level