tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 02:24:01 1997

mup vs. qIp

Thanks, ghunchu'wI'

Until I saw {yIQeqQo' neH!  DoS yIqIp} in TKW, I would have thoroughly agreed
with your post expounding {mup}.  Adding to my confusion, however, was
{mupwI'}.  Apparently {*nail* qIp mupwI'} in that "hammer" is an implement
and TKD glossed {qIp} as "hit with an implement."

If I had been making up the abovementioned TKW entry, I would have used {DoS
yImup}.  Since I am wrong, it turns out, I am confused.  At this time, I side
with SuStel that we need to see how MO uses {mup}.

peHruS

Back to archive top level