tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 18 17:08:51 1997

RE: KLBC: More Monopoly

At 02:36 PM 6/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>jatlh marqoS:
>
>> cha' toQDujmey lutu'lu' 'e' vIHar.
>
>This might possibly be {cha' toQDujmey tu'lu'}.  Not proven.
I posted on this subject twice last year and no-one seemed interested in
discussing it at the time.

>You've got to add the word {toQDuj} in there again.
Yeah, I know - simple omission.

>> 'enterpray'-<D> tlhej 'e' wIleghpu'mo'.
>
>You've just put a Type 7 verbal suffix on the second verb of a Sentence As
>Object construction.  You must remove it.
I keep getting that backwards and thinking that the verb of the object
sentence is the one that can't have the suffix (probably because the object
verb is the "second" verb in English).
 DaH jIyaj.

-marqoS

Back to archive top level