tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 18 11:38:28 1997

RE: Gotta go...

|Neal Schermerhorn wrote:
|> We can say puchDaq jIjaHnISqu'!
|> But, at the risk of offense, how would we be more...specific?

You'd probably have to be. Without context, a Klingon might well ask, "Why?
Do you need to wash your hair? Fix the plumbing? Paint the walls?  Meet a
friend?" The idiom "go to the bathroom" is only a genteel English euphemism
used in polite society.

|> AFAIK there is no word pertaining to 'defecation' or other bodily waste
|> discharge.

Not that I think this topic would offend a Klingon. In "Looking for
par'Mach..." Quark once quipped to Worf, "You people have rituals for
everything except waste extraction!"

|I usually use puch vIlo'nIS  [...]
|I think that's about as specific as we can get. And I don't think we
|should rate this too highly on the wish list.
|
|SuStel

Of course, we all know that no one in Star Trek ever needs to go to the
bathroom anyway.  {{;-)

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level