tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 18 00:30:50 1997

Re: KLBC: compound words

In a message dated 97-06-17 15:30:49 EDT, ter'eS writes:

<< I for one am sick of this thread.  Stop beating a dead horse.  If you want
 to coin new words, join the ILG.

{jIQoch}.  As much as I want new words, I am NOT coining them.  I, too, have
taken the KLI approach to using words after seeing how MO uses them.

The horse is not dead, though.  When I first joined this listserv, there was
lots of "discussion" about uses and possible uses of tlhIngan Hol words and
grammar.  We used to say {jIQoch} and {jIQochbe'} commonly when replying to
such discussion.  HolQeD has thrived on printing similar discussion and
excerpts of past discussions.  Over time, we have gained a better
understanding of the truths esconced deep in the language.  I am pointing
out, through discussion, battle-scarred it may be, some ideas which, though
hashed out to the satisfaction of majority, appear to me to retain some need
for further study.

qep'a' loSDIch vIpawpu'DI' tlhIngan Hol *joke* vImuch 'e' vIHech
chaq Haghbe' Hoch
'ach pab qay' qel 'oH
jIHvaD lI'qu' jabbI'IDghomvam naDev maja'chuqlaHmo'
qaq tlha'bogh wanI':     Hoch 'angchu' tlhIngan Hol boghmoHwI' Marc Okrand

Qapla'     Sachjaj tlhIngan wo' 'ej Sachjaj tlhIngan Hol qelbogh Sov

peHruS

Back to archive top level