tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 17 15:59:32 1997

Re : RE: KLBC: nominal sentences

vIja' :
>> many (if not most) Klingon words may be used as verbs or nouns
jang SuStel :
> Unless some new evidence comes to light, it's not "most," it's "some."
[...]
> English does this a lot more than Klingon does.
Hmmm. I didn't really count them. But if not even "many", these words are
quite frequent. This is striking to me because we have no such thing in
French.
Often the verb and the related noun are based on different roots.

>> {'a'} is the augmentative suffix for nouns, the interrogative suffix for
verbs.
> But these facts are not related.
Of course not. I meant to point out the possible confusion, at least for
newcomers.
Well, at least for me...

>> It expect a sharp answer from BG.
> Do you mean "sharp" as in "intelligent," "witty," or "nasty"?  :-o
All three, as necessity would dictate... ;-)
I got the clarifications I needed -- understand I'm still at a point where I
first think
in French or English, and have to torture tlhingan Hol grammar to make it fit
into what it isn't designed for. Hope I get out of it soon...

(someday I'll stop cluttering the list with thanks and comments about
comments
about answers to my weird vicious questions) (I'm starting right now).

-- Qapla' -- HdW

Back to archive top level