tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 15 20:03:20 1997

RE: KLBC: Uselessness & Aiming

jatlh Qermaq:

> My stab at this, using Clipped Klingon
> intentionally, as it is clearly the situation clipping exists for:
>
> qul puS! baH!
> Sight fire! Fire!
>
> (And yes, it is uncommon to drop both the imperitave verb prefix and the
noun
> suffix - but the noun suffix isn't really necessary in this context. What
> other fire are you gonna sight?)

Yes, dropping all of that is still perfectly understandable as Clipped
Klingon.

And I have no idea why I keep forgetting the verb {puS} "sight"!  This is the
second time I've needed it that I've forgotten it!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level