tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 12 07:44:21 1997

RE: Sojtaj*

: tlhob qoror:
: >nuqDaq *fork*mey lo'taH tlhInganpu' 'e' wIlegh?  voragh?
:
: Voragh jIHbe' 'ach jIjanglaH.  "Star Trek: The Next Generation" lut "A Matter
: of Honor."
:
: (Lieutenant Klang was holding one in "A Matter of Honor," and Riker ate his
: live gagh with a fork, apparently impressing the Klingons there.  Klingons do
: indeed use forks.)
:
: *spoon* lo'law'taH wa' be'.
:
: SuStel

Voragh jIH'e' 'ej Satlhob vIneH:  was there anything on the tables of the
IKV Rotarran? There were a couple of scenes on the mess deck in "Soldiers of
the Empire?"

There have also been scenes of people eating in the Klingon restaurant on
DS9--though the forks and spoons supplied there may only be a concession to
those Humans and Bajorans leary of eating Klingon style. But this surely
wouldn't include Dax and Worf. We'll have to keep a sharp eye out for
activity in the background now that the Rotarran and Martok's Klingon
military contingent is based on the station.

And in "Eye of the Beholder" (?) we saw Ambassador Kell eating some
apparently Klingon food (with the same type of fork seen on the IKV Pagh) in
his quarters on the Enterprise-D while he gave Geordi his final instructions
to assassinate Governor Vagh. It's not a Klingon setting and thus proves
nothing, but we have seen that replicators usually replicate appropriate
containers and eating utensils along with the food and drink. For example,
Klingon bloodwine is often replicated in those fluted metal cups Klingons
use. Anyone remember whether eating utensils were replicated when Korris (or
was it Konmel?) ordered some Klingon food on the Enterprise D in "Heart of
Glory" after their rescue?

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level