tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 10 19:58:40 1997

Re: leSSov/Foresight

[email protected] writes:
>   Foresight [involves observation, thought and prediction]
>   Precognition [involves "knowing" by extrasensory means]
>   These are two very different meanings. One is logical, one is not.

As isolated terms, both simply imply knowledge of the future.  Nothing
about the mechanism of that knowledge is included in the words.  Both
appear to be equally well translated by {leSSov}.

>   Are noun-noun combos more common? I can't see that it would make much of
>a difference in overall meaning one way or the other, but it would be
>interesting to get it as close to right as possible.

The only way to make compound nouns described in TKD is by putting two
(or more) nouns together.  Some of the words in the dictionary look as
if they were made by combining a noun with a verb, or even two verbs,
but we can neither do that ourselves or be sure that's how they were
made in the first place.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level