tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 08 15:09:37 1997

Re: jajmey vItoghlI' - megh mu'

Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >But, {yID} is not a Marc Okrand creation.  I understand clearly its meaning.
>
> *sigh*  I've tried really hard to keep this from being debated as to its
> utility, usability, etc.  I've even denied the incident in which it
> happened ever happened.
>
> It's not an Okrand creation.  It's not a word.  It's not tlhIngan-Hol.  It
> was never *intended* to be used or introduced long-term.  It was a JOKE for
> crying out loud; Krankor was making a *funny* and we laughed and I injured
> my head on a table!  OK, that makes it work OK as an inside joke among the
> folks who were there and those who heard the story, but peHruS is right, it
> ISN'T proper Klingon and using it as such would only confuse the
> beginners.

I also knew better, but used it anyway (although I *did* make sure I
asterisked it to show a speculative word).  Guess I won't use it again.

> *Sigh*...  I'm going to have to be very careful which stories I tell!

Just pray that *yID doesn't show up in Okrand's new book!

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

[email protected]