tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 06 19:03:41 1997

Re: jajmey vItoghlI' - megh mu'

Mark Shoulson wrote:
>>Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 02:09:58 -0700 (PDT)
>>From: [email protected]
>>
>>In a message dated 97-06-05 09:00:19 EDT, ghunchu'wI' writes:
>>
>><<  (ghaytan mu'qoq <*yID> lughov nuv law'.)
>>  >>

>>But, {yID} is not a Marc Okrand creation.  I understand clearly its meaning.
>
>*sigh*  I've tried really hard to keep this from being debated as to its
>utility, usability, etc.  I've even denied the incident in which it
>happened ever happened.
>
>It's not an Okrand creation.  It's not a word.  It's not tlhIngan-Hol.  It
>was never *intended* to be used or introduced long-term.  It was a JOKE for
>crying out loud; Krankor was making a *funny* and we laughed and I injured
>my head on a table!  OK, that makes it work OK as an inside joke among the
>folks who were there and those who heard the story, but peHruS is right, it
>ISN'T proper Klingon and using it as such would only confuse the
>beginners.
>
>*Sigh*...  I'm going to have to be very careful which stories I tell!
>
>~mark

He did mark the word with <* >
We are told to mark words in some maner that are not tlhIngan Hol (ie:
English, proper names,...)
If he did not mark the word then I might agree with your argument.

DloraH

Back to archive top level