tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 08 00:24:05 1997

Object wIjatlhlaH'a'

jatlh loD:  qagh vISop vIneHbej            mu'mey may'morghvam wIlo'laH net
Sov
qagh vISop vIneH bej jatlh loD             mu'tlhegh mu'mey may'morghvam
wIlo'laH'a'

It is not the same idea, but {qar'a'} can appear almost anywhere in a
question.  Relative clauses need not be in a set position in a sentence.  In
Mandarin the dependent clause always precedes the main clause.  Okay,
tlhIngan Hol does not follow the rules of ANY Terran language, let alone
Mandarin.  Still, I get the feeling we can put verbs of speaking after that
"sentence" which is spoken, thus identifying the "sentence" as the Object of
the verb of speaking.

Just a feeling?  Or will it prove to be true?

peHruS

Back to archive top level