tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 06 05:35:12 1997

KLBC: If you are scared...

>Hi, I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  My job is to help out
Hi!

>Just in case you haven't looked at it yet, the two most important web sites
>for you to visit concerning all of this are as follows:

Thanks! I had seen the kli site, that is how I joined the list, but I hadn't
seen the FAQ.

Thanks for your help with the other sentences, now I have another one:
It is MEANT to be something like "If you are scared, close your eyes".

bIghIjchugh yISoQmoH mInDu'lIj

OR

yISoQmoH mInDu'lIj bIghIjchugh

I think one of these MAY be correct. I am aware I could have dropped the "yI"
in clipped Klingon but I want to stick to proper until I get the hang of
things. Here's how I came up with the various words:

yISoQmoH = you close
mInDu'lIj = your eyes.
bighIjchugh = if you are scared

Also, while reading the FAQ I came across a sentence (and congrats to Alan
Anderson for a great article on tense/aspect) which I tried to translate to
English:
<<wa'SaD wa'ben Suvchuq cha' qorDu'>>

Is this "One thousand and one years ago, two farm scavengers fight"?

And to finish off, I tried (unsuccessfuly, I might add) to translate:
<< reH tlhInganpu' taHjaj, reH tlhIngan wo' taHja>>

Ok... All I could get was the jist of things:
Always Klingon Phaser everyday
Always Klingon Empire everyday

I know that doesn't make sense but it's the best I could do :(

Well, I hope somewhere along the line I got something right!

Regards,
	Darren in Australia

	[email protected]
	"How little you mortals understand time, must you be so linear?..."

Back to archive top level