tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 01 23:08:48 1997

Re: jajlo'

<< The idea of the minerals being recruited by and enlisting in the body
 of water was exactly the one I was trying to express. Not a mere
 connection, but full dissolution. Note that muv is not restricted to
 the meaning associated with joining an organization, because it is
 the root word of muvwI', a suture or wound sealer of some sort. >>

jIQochbe'     mu' {muv} Dalo'chu' 'e' vIHar jIH je
tlhIngan Hol mu'ghomDaq mu' {DuD} tu'lu' 'ej "mix" 'oS 'oH

taS lumoj Dol wa'DIch Dol cha'DIch je qar'a'

Since you want to say dissolves into and becomes a part of, I agree with
{muv}, especially as quoted from {muvwI'}.  BTW, where did you find the
reference {muvwI'}?

I'm interested in seeing the results of this discussion on how to say
"mixture," "compound," "solution," "conjoined result."

peHruS

Back to archive top level