tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 31 19:43:20 1997

Re: KLBC:how do I translate the imperative?

I think one would simply say peSop and the speaker would include
him/herself mentally in the addressed group. Or one could say DaH maSop
Hoch. If you mean the liturgical "Let us pray," I suppose it would depend
on if you are addressing Christians who worship as Humanpu' or tlhInganpu'.
I think the curt command would reach the *Christian* SuvwI' better, and the
softer gentler version,  softer gentler people.

But either would be correct (right?) (Qob DaghoStaHvIS, yIyep! ) I know you
don't mean Let us as in "let us have the hostage". But that is vub wIghaj
'e' yIchaw'! anyway....

\Qermaq

> From: Norman Thomas <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: KLBC:how do I translate the imperative?
> Date: Thursday, July 31, 1997 10:23 AM
>
> How can I translate let us ..?This is translated by the imperative in
> other languages but tlhIngan Hol only allows the imperative in the
> second person.
> cha'wIgh

Back to archive top level