tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 29 07:53:55 1997

Re: KLBC: higher numbers

: muHwI' wrote:
: > I want to say high numbers like stardates or a year.
: > mImey tIn vIjatlh vIneH. Hov poH DIS lurur bIH.
:
: Hmmm . . . I wonder if {tIn} can refer to any magnitude, or just the size of
: an object?

{tIn} seems to mean just "be large in size":

 - Dujmey tIn
    big ships. TKD
 - Dujmey tInqu'
    very big ships. TKD
 - veng tInDaq
    in the big city. TKD
 - veng tInqu'Daq
    in the very big city. TKD
 - HIvje' tIn yIteb
    Fill a large glass! PK
 - targhlIj yab tIn law' no'lIj Hoch yabDu' tIn puS
    Your targ has a bigger brain than all your ancestors put together! PK
 - Hevetlh wIghoSchugh veH tIn wI'el maH'e'
    that course will take us into the [Great] Barrier as well. ST5

As always, there are other options: {-'a'}, {Dun}, {jen} & {nIv}. And we now
have {veb} from the new Skybox card S32: "be higher (in rank or status?)".

: Stardate 97574.8
: Hov poH Hut Soch vagh Soch loS vI' chorgh.
:
: SuStel

{HovpoH} is one word. Cf. Skybox card S33:

 - HovpoH Hut vagh cha' wa' vI' jav ...
    [On Stardate 9521.6 ...]

BTW, anyone seen the complete translation for this card yet? The last two
English sentences were inadvertently omitted in the last _HolQeD_ and I
think Lawrence is going to republish it in the September issue.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level