tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 27 20:02:11 1997

Re: Language jokes show English speaking bias...

ja' qoror:
But I've found a vicious one that's not
>an "opposite" one.  (I hope no-one's found it before!) It's a Hollywood
>one, to
>go with 'ampaS:  DaS = boot.

I think almost everyone notices that one eventually, especially because it
appears prominently at the top of a page.  Last year, I asked Marc Okrand
if it was intentional; he said yes.  (Perhaps the success of _Das Boot_
with its German dialogue and English subtitles is related to Paramount's
deciding to do something similar with Klingon in ST3.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level