tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 26 14:02:57 1997

Re: KLBC: Beginning .... Grammarians please comment.

No, it is not correct. Noun conjunctions follow the listed noun
rather than appear between. Also, {-choH} typically can replace
{'e' tagh} and no verb following {'e'} can have a Type 7 suffix.
You should also recognize that this is a very earth-centric
sentence. There is one earth and there are many skies. It could
be either a more generic {puH chal je} "land and sky" or a more
specific {tera' tera' chal je} "Earth and Earth's sky".

charghwI'

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:54:24 -0700 (PDT)
[email protected] wrote:

> > >   Is #4 a proper rendition of the Klingon?
> > >
> > >   --Steve
> >
> >    Because there is no line in English I translate the Spanish 3. as : -
> >
> > In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth
> > Presumably it was meant to be 1. [2. is in Latin by the way].
> > cha'wIgh
> >

>   Is Sentence #4 written correctly? No one has answered me.
>
>     --Steve

Back to archive top level