tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 23 11:09:32 1997

Re: vegh

: In that case we could also use this verb to describe to someone what
: a person is doing during his nentay (if the row of Klingons carrying
: 'oy'naQmey as a single "entity" that is part of the nentay has a
: single word tlhIngan Hol name, and we would know it) with a
: very simple and compact "[the row of klingons] vegh", am I right?
: This row of klingons could be seen as a path with an entrance, an
: exit and a very definate boundary (the klingons with the 'oy'naQmey).
:
: peSHIr

One might (now) very well order the initiate to get moving by saying,
{tIvegh!}. Okrand has described this very ceremony in Skybox card S9,
finessing the lack of a word for "row (of people)" - apparently {tlhegh}
"line, rope" wasn't quite right:

  poSDaq nIHDaq je QamtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'. chaH jojDaq yItnIS lopwI'
  "The initiate must pass through a gauntlet of warriors."

How did this scene play out in KCD?

Voragh

Back to archive top level