tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 22 12:16:36 1997

Re: vegh

: And, on a grammatical note: Can we use vegh to describe the passage (and
: implicit transformation) of food through a digestive tract?  People are
: basically toroidal, so on a purely physical level it would appear to
: work.  Could I say:
:    loD vegh Soj nonqu'
: and *not* have it taken metaphorically?  Just a thought.
:
: Lawrence

Didn't you already ask Okrand this?  HetaQ wrote:

> Also concerning [vegh]; Lawrence asked "like shit through a goose?" (or
> some similar example), to which Okrand held up four fingers and replied
> "Four." (as in a fourth word for "through").

Or is there some distinction that escapes me?

Voragh

Back to archive top level